December 27, 2009

Our Christmas

Our Christmas was merry and bright, as expected with two little boys running around brimming with excitement. I'll let the pictures tell the story.

Christmas Eve:





Christmas Morning:









Christmas Brunch:






Christmas Afternoon:

And one funny story:
Christmas Eve Grayson was excited, but after church and dinner with friends and putting out cookies for Santa he was tired and fell asleep pretty quickly . . . until 3am when I felt a tap on my shoulder. "Mommy, why won't my clock say 7. I have been waiting for it to say 7 but it won't come. Mommy, it's time to get up. Santa came" he said. "Grayson . . . what time is it . . . you need to go back to bed" I replied. "No, Mommy he came! There are chairs in the hallway - that is what he did last year. Santa came! Get up Mommy!" Grayson said. Fumbling for the clock, I said "Grayson, it is 3am. It is the middle of the night. You have to go back to bed." "For how long, Mommy?" he whined. "For 4 hours" I said, at which point I thought he was going to start to cry. I got out of bed and walked him back to his room and tucked him in. He managed to go back to sleep . . . until 6am at which point we repeated the conversation and sent him back to bed until it was finally 7.

No comments: