This blog is really a journal for me, and a scrapbook, all in one (and I turn it into a book peridocially using Blurb). So last night it hit me that we had had such a perfect, fun-filled day on Saturday with our family of four that I should really write it down so I could re-live the memory one day in my old age. So here goes . . .
Our perfect Saturday actually started Friday evening. A friend of mine from our babysitting co-op came over to watch Grayson and Max so that Tony and I could go on a date. We dressed up a bit and headed to Decatur to this new casual restaurant called Leons. While we were waiting for our table we sat at the bar and drank wine (me) and beer (him) and ordered from the Belgian Frites menu a bucket of Frites (french fries) and three dipping sauces - mayonaisse with smoked tomatoes, cucumber dill yogurt, and goat cheese fondu. It was more grease than I like to eat in, well, a week but it was worth it! Our meal was great too (Tony loved the burger) and then we walked down Ponce to The Chocolate Bar for dessert.
As we sat outside and ate our chocolates the sky was growing stormy, so we headed back to our car. As we passed the Starbucks I just had to stop for a cappucino to go. Then, the storm was growing closer, and as we got about 2 blocks from our car the drops started coming down. BIG drops. So we ran, and ran, and ran and made it to the car only slightly wet. Thank goodness I had ordered a cappucino instead of a latte, which would have sloshed everywhere!
Saturday morning we had a big family breakfast at home, which has become our tradition. Pancakes (Grayson's request!), eggs, sausage, toast, orange juice, and bananas with whipped cream. Then we loaded the kids into the double stroller and took a long walk. After our walk Max napped and woke up just in time for lunch. We headed to George's for burgers and grilled chicken and then to the newly renovated Piedmont Park pool to swim.
After swimming we headed home and the kids both took a nap. After naps we jumped in the car and drove to the mall where Grayson and Tony watched the movie UP (which they said was fantastic) and Max and I walked around the mall.
I was really a perfect summer day.
2 comments:
Oh gosh. Decatur dining. My mouth is watering just thinking of it. I miss the family friendly life there. Can't wait to get back next year and maybe we can enjoy some frites together and reminisce about Brussels!
What a fabulous day with your family!
Post a Comment