May 18, 2008

A New Baby

We have decided that Grayson needs a little sibling. Someone to play with, someone to teach, someone to share in the attention. So we're happy to announce that baby #2 is due Nov. 5th.

We'll be back living in Atlanta when the baby is born - settled in our house, back with the same Dr. who delivered Grayson - it will be great!

And because we live in Belgium, and they do things a little bit differently here, like a high-level ultrasound very early, we can already announce that - - -

in keeping with the trend set by my Dekalb Playgroup, 9 out of 10 who have had repeats - - -

It's a BOY!

3 1/2 months pregnant in Pisa, Italy

And if he is half as handsome, funny, and intelligent as Grayson, then he will be perfect.

When we told Grayson, it took a little while for him to grasp the concept.

First he had to confirm whose tummy the baby was in. "The baby is in your tummy Daddy?" No, Grayson. "The Baby is in my tummy?" No, Grayson. "The baby is in Mommy's tummy?" Yes!

Then he had to know for sure who this baby was. "I go into Mommy's tummy?" No, Grayson. There's a new baby in Mommy's tummy. "I'm too big to go in there." That's right, Grayson. It's another baby in there. A very little baby.

Then he got it, and everything became about the baby.

"I want to hold the baby Mommy." OK, Grayson, when the baby is bigger you can hold it.

"What's the baby's name Mommy?" I don't know, Grayson. What do you think the baby's name should be? "The baby's name is baby Bu-woon." Ok - very good Grayson.

"I want to show the baby my toys. I want to show the baby my Buzz Lightyear." Ok, Grayson, that will be nice. The baby will like your toys.

"I want to give the baby a hug" [makes hugging motion with his arms] Ahh, that's very sweet Grayson.

Then suddenly, and in a very concerned and serious way, he says "But Mommy, WHERE is the baby's Mommy?"

Poor kid - his little world is about to be rocked.

Coming soon - more photos from Tuscany

2 comments:

Marti said...

Yay baby boy! We are so excited you are going to be back in Atlanta for the baby's birth. November is a great month to have a baby! I am so excited!

Ellen and John said...

Congratulations! That is exciting news! We can't wait to have ya'll back in Atlanta.