My friend, Séverine, had a little boy, Auxence, a couple of weeks ago. It is a French tradition for the family to host a champagne party in celebration of the birth, so we happily joined them for a fun evening.
Ana-Isabel with daughter Valentina, Me with new big sister Castalie, and Sév with new baby Auxence
I met Séverine during the first month that I lived in Brussels. Grayson and I were eating lunch at a very busy cafe when this very fashionable young woman asked if she could sit in the open seat next to Grayson. I said yes, though I thought she was crazy - she'd be covered in food before she left. It turned out she was searching for an apartment as she and her husband and daughter were moving to Brussels from Paris. She moved to Brussels and we've been great friends ever since! I could not have survived living here without her, and also Ana-Isabel who I met through Grayson's first little school.