March 30, 2013

Ella's Baptism

 

Mima and Pop Pop joined us for Ella's baptism at Peachtree Presbyterian, our new church home. 


 Grayson lost a tooth in the car on the way there!

Before it was time for us to go onstage Ella was very restless and I had to wait at the back.  I should have taken this as a sign.

 She and Max were equally unhappy to be up there.  The next few minutes lasted so long as they clamored to be with me or to run off the stage.



At one point Ella kicked Max's head and he started crying.  I just wanted to get this over with but our young pastor's introduction seemed to last forever.  He doesn't have kids . . . yet.  Someday he'll understand.


This was the low point.



And then finally when it was time for the actual baptism a calm came over Ella.  She stopped kicking and crying and trying to get away.  There was peace.  It was unmistakable, and many strangers stopped me afterward to tell me how moving it was to see.






This picture is a perfect representation of our family at this stage.  I just love it.  Ha!


No comments: