For the inquiring minds - this is my Belgian washer & dryer. They were the biggest ones I could buy in Belgium. They do about 1/3 the amount of laundry my American washer & dryer did, which makes for a very long laundry day (or couple of days).
And the dryer does not have an exhaust hose. Instead, the water collects in a water reservoir that you have to dump every 3 loads or so. When I first moved to Belgium I didn't know about water reservoirs, and apparently none of the other expats living in our temporary housing did either. The dryers were constantly overheating and never dried anyone's clothes. Each time I did laundry I had to take my wet clothes up to our apartment and lay them out over all the furniture until they air dried. It wasn't until the appliance man was installing my dryer that he showed me the reservoir. When I looked surprised he looked at me and cooly said "the water has to go somewhere." Duh.
And while we're on the topic of laundry, for the first month that I lived in Belgium I washed our clothes in fabric softener. Looked like detergent to me, but not so much.
2 comments:
Yay mirco washer and dryer! I have to say, they are super cute!
I never knew about emptying the water from the dryer! I wonder if that's why our clothes never dried when we did laundry that semester we lived in London... Our entire flat just became a tangle of improv clothes lines.
And at least you have a separate dryer. Our dryer was actually the same machine as the washer. (So maybe our did have a way to empty its own water but just didn't work well. Hmm...)
Post a Comment