Yesterday morning we arrived in Brussels after 3 weeks in the U.S., and today we're back to the old routine. Jetlagged, but back to the glorious routine that is life being lived in your own home with your own stuff and your own activities. Just having my computer back makes me jump for joy. Grayson went to his little school and was so happy to be there. Even one of the little girls there recognized he had finally returned after our long time away. And I went to tennis and worked out some of my frustration with the Belgian postal system.
You see, we arrived to find a notice that they had tried to deliver a package while we were gone. It was just something I had ordered over the Internet. Nothing special, but it was my package so I stopped by the post office to pick it up. I handed the lady my notice, and she went behind the partition and started poking around in various different parts of the office looking for my package. I know this, because I could see her head bobbing up and down, looking here, looking there. After about five minutes she came back and explained to me (in French, of course) that she couldn't find it.
Can't find it?! This is the post office. The keeper of all packages. So I asked (in English, of course) was it sent back? She didn't know. She explained that it was supposed to still be there and took my phone number. She'll call me if they find the package.
That's it. Somewhere between my apartment and the two blocks to the post office the postal service has, umm, LOST my package. Or, perhaps, they've just misplaced it and will find it under a stack of old newspapers in the post office breakroom. C'est la vie à Bruxelles.
I took about a million photos in the U.S., especially since while there I acquired a new fancy, schmancy, Nikon digital SLR camera with all of the Christmas money gifts from parents and grandparents (THANK YOU!). I will post them soon after some of this jetlag wears off.